Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We're Not Here for the Plot...


I saw this photo of Hugh Jackman yesterday. Yowza! He's one of the reasons my mother keeps making the puzzled observation that Australia seem to steadily serve up charming, handsome men. That's her Midwestern way of saying that she's getting hot and bothered. Watch out, Jack McCoy! I think you're losing her. She then does a roll-call in a faraway voice (while I gag in the background):

"Hugh Jackman."


"Simon Baker. He's the only reason I watch that show."


"Russell Crowe...when he's not angry."

I think my mother is worried as the American response to this balls-out Aussie virility is Zac Efron. And, she can't stand his ass. Her words: "Not exactly fighting weight." This is from a demure woman from the suburbs of Milwaukee who prizes manners and intelligence over brawn. Even she knows to throw Efron back into the pond.

I definitely agree about LipGloss. I concur about Simon Baker. Sometimes his eyes are as warm as cookies just out of the oven...yummy. We differ in opinion over Russell. Russell is even better when feisty. I'm not afraid of a stallion who bucks at the bridle. And, Mr. Jackman? Hmmm.



I like how he fills out those pants. Have I heard the rumours? Yes. Do I care? No. My best friend and I will be in the theater for Wolverine after a few drinks, and we will not show up for the plot. Christoper Nolan take notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment