Sunday, April 19, 2009

Best Movies of 2008? #3

Quick Round Up:

Ghost Town
There are some very nice beats in this comedy starring Ricky Gervais, but I’d rather watch Run, Fat Boy, Run. Point to Mr. Pegg in that battle of bitchy English comics, even though it’s Dylan Moran who makes Fat Boy funny. Best movie of 2008? Nope. ★★★

“Do you realize how close you are to me going on holiday?”


This is how you do sloppy hair, Bobby Patz!

Let the Right One In

People are praising this sucker up and down, but I was underwhelmed. I saw it with the most atrocious dubbing, and I couldn’t get past that. The lousy reading of the lines (that was not acting I heard) combined with slow pacing got me aggravated. I was ready to start slapping white people to get right again.

However, I did think the boy playing Oskar did a remarkable job. I liked the styling of the movie as well, and I thought it was an interesting take on the vampire tale. So, I’d be willing to go watch it again—but I would need subtitles and the original voices, not the story as read by RoboKat after a purification ritual.

Best movie of 2008? No. Jury’s still out until I see the un-dubbed version. ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment