Thursday, April 2, 2009

One of the Best Movies of 2008?


Having just watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona, I've come to the conclusion that it was pure delectability. I never thought I could watch a 90-minute shampoo commercial and not be suicidal at the end. How wrong I was. Apparently, I'm thoroughly American.

So, Penelope Cruz won an Oscar for that? Hmmm. Well, her hair was better than ScarJo's, but I didn't think the acting was so stellar as to warrant an award. Javier was the stunner in that category, and I didn't even look at his hair...well, not too much.

Attention Mz. Adams, Mz. Davis, and Mz. Henson--you wuz robbed. Cruz gets the silky mane throbbing with ebullience; sucky-face with Javier; AND the statuette lusted for around the world? Uh-uh. If it was me, I'd slither into that boudoir, straddle her while wielding some clippers, and bloody demand, "Hair or the Goldy Man! Pick one!" I hope she chooses the Goldy Man. I could get a good price for that pony hair of hers cuz Beyoncé always needs a new wig and Sasha Fierce don't ask questions.

I don't think it rates as one of the Best Movies of 2008--too slick and bouncy. But, it is definitely a personal fave. Despite the bitchery above, I would rate it four out of five stars because I felt yummy after watching it and utterly believed that all the world's problems could be solved with the right conditioner and a dose of Catalan sunshine. All the leaders at the G-20 Summit need to watch this ASAP.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

P.S. - No mention of M. Tomei was made as she is an Oscarbagger herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment