Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Can't Look Kentucky In The Eye, Y'all


Michael Crabtree, WR


After taking an afternoon to fully denigrate the spectacle of the NFL Draft, what did I do Saturday afternoon? I had NFL Network on the background as I sheared my dog. Yep, I totally watched the draft. After the first round, I regularly checked NFL.com, too. It wasn't just me. Apparently, 39 million other people who had nothing better to do (sad, very sad) tuned in as well. My sucky cable provider is about to cut me off from the NFL Network because Comcast are greedy bastards, so maybe, it was an onslaught of nostalgia that compelled me to dial up channel 265.

The Results:


1. Puppy dog looks like a stylish pony with a closely cropped body, but fluffy paws, ears and tail.

2. Damn! Michael Crabtree is good-looking. Watch out, Dhani Jones!


3. I hate the Patriots. And, so did the peanut gallery in Radio City Music Hall. Every time Patriot stats and facts would pop up, the crowd would fill the air with boos and acrimony. Suck it, Belichick.


4. Speaking of Radio City Music Hall, did they pay Rich Eisen each time he complimented the hall's beauty? If so, he's not worried about the recession anymore.


5. OK, maybe I watched the brouhaha on TV and the internet, but there's no way I'd ignore the splendors of NYC to sit there endlessly and watch the picks. So, I'm an
nth better than the morons who did.

6. Favorite phrase of the event: "Punters are people, too!" Of course, they are. The point of contention is whether they're football players or not.


7. I'm seriously going to miss the NFL Network. They get the loosest and most genuine reactions from player interviews. Sometimes it's a bit creepy, but where else am I going to hear Deion Sanders call out Ray Lewis with "Su-gar! Su-gar! Tell me where did you get that suit." May Comcast rot in hell.

My sincerest apologies to Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment