Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Favorite Things...Right Now (May 2009)




1. My Boys – It makes me howl.
“Decathlon, Part Deux” Season 3, Episode 4
Dream Team vs. Angola
Steak burrito and an orange drink.
Bacon AND sausage.
"I love you, Kenny, but stop naming your sneakers."
I knew it was Sampras.
“Powering Down”
“My skin has never felt better.”
“I know, right!?”
Radiohead > Coldplay (high five!)
Cheez-its > Cheese Nips (duh!)


2. my ginormous Coke glass – Lil John wishes he could drink with this thing. I think I dropped 10 lbs. guzzling water from it.


3. Sarah Vaughan – The voice that is perfect for welcoming spring.


4. cleaning – I’m scrubbing, sorting and chucking out the useless. I even found a pair of shoes, y’all! It’s been so long, they’re quite au courant.


5. brown sugar, nutmeg, and ginger – I don’t know how healthy it is but it’s a damn tasty snack.


6. The Real New York Housewives – I always thought Brown was the weakest in the Ivy chain, but now I’m giving Columbia a good up-and-down. Concerned alumni (that’s a side-eye to you, President Obama) need to research that so-called degree of Kelly Bensimon, and draft a PR release. I mean that Sleestak is ruining your name. Is it time to revert to King’s College?


7. ESPN map polls – Hot diggity! These suckers are fun. Especially when American and a small, small world agree with me.


8. Karl Pilkington’s theory of evolution – I recently watched Nova’s episode on a possible new species, which would rewrite the evolution of humans. Giggled nonstop because I could only hear Karl’s explanation of a planet full of brains, some of whom fell to earth one day, and “Thud!”, creep into monkey’s brain. Karl Pilkington, you ask?


9. Scott Cohen – This is a shout out to an outstanding performance in The 10th Kingdom, and being my favorite disposable Lorelai boyfriend (Luke is forever). Holy Moly, though. I really believed this guy was a wolf.


10. Grace Makutsi – I’m seriously considering using her as a fashion template. With a few tweaks here and there, of course. No polyester. No pink. And, my earrings will swallow Rotterdam.


11. my ratty orange cardy – I’ve got to fix all the holes. It’s a masterpiece of lava-like wool, incandescent buttons and grosgrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment